Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: what are you reading right now?

  1. #21
    Inactive Member LORD HIGH BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    768
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I've wanted to read the "Dark Towers" trilogy, but I haven't been able to find them.
    Is it good Bran?

    Have you ever read Insomnia by King? That was a fantastic book. Very good.

  2. #22
    HB Forum Owner SPYDERLUV's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 23rd, 1999
    Posts
    902
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    didnt dean koontz write insomnia?

    and yeah fozzie bear, the dark tower saga is a great fucking read

  3. #23
    Inactive Member Jude67's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 5th, 2002
    Posts
    67
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    i must have some seriously undiagnosed A.D.D. cuz for whatever reason, i just can't seem to get past 3/4 the way of a book......it starts to seem like a chore to finish it...am i deficient in some intellectual way? *paranoid* [img]frown.gif[/img]

  4. #24
    Inactive Member LORD HIGH BEAR's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 1999
    Posts
    768
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    No leo, you just have a short attention span for reading.

    I have it too. I know what you mean.

  5. #25
    Inactive Member Manga's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2000
    Posts
    378
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Even hardcore reader Tyler had a hard time finishing up on Lord of the Rings.. And I'm not even bothering, I wouldn't read that trilogy if they held a gun to my head. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Whyatt Thrash:
    I liked that one, you'll get through it in a jiffy. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    You weren't kidding. I couldn't put it down last night and finished part one. She's an amazing writer.

  7. #27
    HB Forum Owner Branflakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 3rd, 1999
    Posts
    2,290
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Dark Tower is an excellent series and most bookstores should have the paperback version. Start with The Gunslinger. If you read the Dark Tower series, you'll notice a lot of references to it in his other books.

    Read Insomina (Stephen King wrote it, it has nothing to do with the movie of the same name-there may be another book with the same name the movie is based on, I don't know). I liked it, though I think it was a bit too long.

    I'm enjoying Lord of the Rings. Tolkien is definitely on the wordy side, but I find LOTR easier to read than The Hobbit, though it's much much longer in length.

  8. #28
    HB Forum Owner JaceSan's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,898
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    LotR is a classic. Other fantasy books worth checking out are Moorcock's Elric series and Leiber's Fafhrd and the Grey Mouser books. Howard's Conan titles are worth mentioning as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •